As the world changes, the way we educate our students must also change. This workshop is for educators interested in innovating in their classrooms and organizations. Whether you're just starting this journey or have already implemented lots of ideas, this will be a rewarding and productive experience.
In this 4-day workshop, we will explore how to design engaging learning experiences through projects, making and edtech.
- Daily speakers from Georgia Tech, Clark Atlanta University, and Harvard University
- Sessions on project based learning, active learning, design thinking, making, and more
- Get hands-on experience with apps, tools, and practical techniques
- Share your knowledge and experience with other educators and learn from them too (Unconference style!)
- Create something you can take back to your classrooms/organizations
- Expand your professional network with creative and innovative educators
- Earn a Certificate of Completion and 28 professional learning hours
You will have time each day to collaborate with other talented educators to work on new ideas/plans or to finally finish that project you've started but haven't quite finished yet.
- Plan a project-based unit for your classroom
- Develop a training for your teachers on PBL
- Create a new maker-focused after school program
- Design a weekly Genius Hour
- Plan a pilot for your edu-preneurial idea (and find school partners!)
What's your idea? What will you create?
- Classroom teachers
- Department heads
- School leaders / builders
- Education entrepreneurs