Join Girls Rise Up this summer for an energizing two weeks (face-to-face). Spend your day dancing, learning how to code, and exploring ways to combine creativity and technology into one innovative dance performance.
Girls 10 - 18 years old
All levels of coding and dance welcome
Must attend the full duration of the program
how to enhance choreography using motion capture, animation, and more.
your imagination and showcase your creativity.
with women passionate about sharing their STEM journey with the next generation.
We are partnering with STEM From Dance, a national nonprofit based in NYC, and Georgia Tech to bring this program to Atlanta for the first time!
Monday - Friday
Session 1: July 05 - July 16, 2021
Session 2: July 19 - July 30, 2021
Sign up for one or both sessions, each offering a unique experience.
We will be closely adhering to CDC guidelines, specifically those outlined for summer programming.
Required PPE: Masks and/or face shields
- Students must bring their own PPE to GRU each day.
- We will have disposable masks available for student use if they damage their own.
- Parents should consider sending their student with backup PPE, if you have preferred products that you all are using.
Daily health and cleaning procedures
- Temperature checks and hand sanitizer will be required upon arrival.
- If students have a fever, they will be isolated until we can do a 2nd temperature check. If they still have a fever, they will need to go home for the day. Parents should check their student’s temperature before leaving home each day. We will have hand sanitizer in every classroom and workspace.
- While students will still be expected to clean their spaces, staff will also do regular electrostatic disinfections.
- Any student or staff member who is sick will need to stay home until they are healthy.
- Per CDC guidelines, if any student or staff member is confirmed by a doctor to have COVID-19, we will inform the GRU community, close the school campus and ask everyone who has been at camp to quarantine at home.
Parents and visitors
- Parents and visitors will have to stay in the lobby or outside.
- If a parent needs to meet with a teacher or a visitor is presenting a workshop, they will need to have their temperature checked and apply hand sanitizer before they can leave the lobby to enter the school.
Lunch and snack options
- Closed Campus: Students will not be able to leave campus for lunch, in order to reduce student exposure to COVID-19 as they interact with or pass by other people off-campus.
- All food stored in fridges must be in airtight containers. No loose bottles or food items.